Number one: dancing with the stars!
Innocent delights for suburban middle class
- Drink coffee with cake and not think about calories
- Have vacation together with a person who will do whatever you ask and who can swim, is not afraid of flying, and can cover at least 2 miles on foot
- Wake up at noon on Saturday
- Feed birds
- Frighten deers who are eating your garden half to death
- Have somebody to clean your house, so you can really take your minds off dusty furniture and greasy countertops
- Luxuriate in rare moments when you do not have to validate yourself or defend you point of view
- I will keep them coming...
By the way, it looks like name of the website gives wrong ideas to the advertizing agencies: they simply do not work here: the banner displays drab public service ad, also, the YouTube player choked. Clearly they automatically branded this website as not so innocent. How sad...
The word combination "innocent delights" has different meanings for different people
Innocent delights links (in self-defense)
- A game studies blog (mostly tabletop) by Matthew Kirschenbaum - there are some useful description of innocent delights as being in other people shoes (or something like that)
- The Writings of Benjamin Franklin: Philadelphia, 1726 - 1757
Articles of Belief and Acts of Religion:
And since he has created many Things which seem purely design'd for the Delight of Man, I believe he is not offended when he sees his Children solace themselves in any manner of pleasant Exercises and innocent Delights, and I think no Pleasure innocent that is to Man hurtful.
- Chicken blog - one entry which is called "Satan's Chickens, or Innocent Delights?", is about ... bantam chickens
- 10 Julia Child Quotes to Celebrate American Class:
Dining with one's friends and beloved family is certainly one of life's primal and most innocent delights, one that is both soul-satisfying and eternal.
- Exposition on Psalm 41 (I am not sure what it means but cannot be that bad):
The innocent man rests in his house, his family, his wife, his children; in his poverty, his little farm, his orchard planted with his own hand, in some building fabricated with his own study; in these rest the innocent. But yet God willing us not to have love but of life eternal, even with these, though innocent delights, mixes bitterness, that even in these we may suffer tribulation, and so He turns all our bed in our infirmity.
Enchanted forest wall peel
Enchanted forest magnets
Night owl sack pack
Night owl mug